Cooking Matters (CM) is a 6 week cooking and nutrition class focused on creating healthy behaviors while preparing delicious, budget friendly recipes!
Some CM class topics include: basic cooking skills, using nutrition facts labels, healthy starts at home, stretching your food dollar, shopping smarts and menu planning basics.
Classes are FREE to participants and include weekly take-home groceries and incentives for participation.
Check out our Cooking Matters for Families AT HOME edition! We were unable to complete our in-person classes due to Covid-19, so these super chefs agreed to finish the class at home! Each week families receive a box of ingredients and materials to try new recipes together in the kitchen, as well as fun activities to learn healthy behaviors together! We have another class coming up this Fall! See our CM for Families schedule below for more info!
Virtual CM Classes:
At this time, we are still unable to host in-person Cooking Matters courses for the safety of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we are hosting virtual programs for you to continue to learn and get in the kitchen together as a family. See our Cooking Matters at Home Programs tab below for more information!
If you are interested in signing up for a Cooking Matters class please see our available courses and schedules below or email Jordyn at GoodEats@mountainfamilycenter.org:
Available for families with children 6 years of age or older (you may bring more than one child). Duration: 6 weeks (2hrs/wk)
- Fall: VIRTUAL class Thursdays October 15th – November 19th @ 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
- Register here: https://strength.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0uduupqzwsG9weMT1rDWSWYJDrWe83Z08z
Available for Parents of children 2 – 18 years old. No children permitted at these classes.
Duration: 6 weeks (2hrs/wk)
- No classes currently scheduled. Please call if interested in starting a class: 970-557-3186
Available for Adults ages 18+. These classes can be tailored for specific dietary interests or health such as Diabetes, heart disease, wt. management, food bank friendly, ect.
Duration: 6 weeks (2hrs/wk)
- CM for Adults (Diabetes prevention focus) Thursdays: February 11th – March 17th.
- Time: 5pm – 7pm @ Mountain Family Center Lion’s Educational Kitchen
Available for kids and teens ages 5-12 and 13-17. Duration: varies as needed.
These classes are available for classroom enrichment at school, summer camps, girl scout troups, etc. Call us if you would like us to host a class at 970-557-3186.
- Granby Rec Summer Camp: Thursday’s @ 9am-10am from 6/11 – 7/30 (contact Granby Rec for Summer Camp information)
- Fraser Valley Summer Camp TBA
- MFC Kids Cooking Camp TBA
Available for anyone interested in learning how to shop healthy on a budget. $10 gift card for each participant.
Can be added as a 7th class to any CM course.
Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours
Available for licensed childcare providers. Provides 10 hours of education credits for licensing.
Duration: 8-10 hour seminar in one day OR 5 lessons for 2 hours each available.
- No sessions currently scheduled. Please call if you would like to schedule a session at 970-557-3186.
We’re bringing Cooking Matters home to you! See our current schedule below:
- Virtual CMAH for Parents: September 23rd – October 28th @ 5:00pm – 5:45pm
- Register Here: https://forms.gle/Xepdg9Ye8gfCkWWt7
See CM for Families tab for our virtual Family cooking class as well!