Cooking Matters (CM) is a 6 week cooking and nutrition class focused on creating healthy behaviors while preparing delicious, budget friendly recipes!
Some CM class topics include: basic cooking skills, using nutrition facts labels, healthy starts at home, stretching your food dollar, shopping smarts and menu planning basics.
Classes are FREE to participants and include weekly take-home groceries and incentives for participation.
Check out our Cooking Matters for Families AT HOME edition! We were unable to complete our in-person classes due to Covid-19, so these super chefs agreed to finish the class at home! Each week families receive a box of ingredients and materials to try new recipes together in the kitchen, as well as fun activities to learn healthy behaviors together!
If you are interested in signing up for a Cooking Matters class please see our available courses and schedules below or email Jordyn at GoodEats@mountainfamilycenter.org:
Available for families with children 6 years of age or older (you may bring more than one child). Duration: 6 weeks (2hrs/wk)
- Spring: TBA
- Summer: TBA
- Fall: Thursday nights 5:30pm – 7:30pm, September 19th – October 24th 2019 @ Kremmling Elementary School Cafeteria
- Winter: Thursday nights 4:30 – 6:30pm, February 20th – March 26th 2020 @ Fraser Library
Available for Parents of children 2 – 18 years old. No children permitted at these classes.
Duration: 6 weeks (2hrs/wk)
- No classes currently scheduled. Please call if interested in starting a class: 970-557-3186
Available for Adults ages 18+. These classes can be tailored for specific dietary interests or health such as Diabetes, heart disease, wt. management, food bank friendly, ect.
Duration: 6 weeks (2hrs/wk)
- CM for Adults (Diabetes prevention focus) Thursdays: February 11th – March 17th.
- Time: 5pm – 7pm @ Mountain Family Center Lion’s Educational Kitchen
Available for kids and teens ages 5-12 and 13-17. Duration: varies as needed.
These classes are available for classroom enrichment at school, summer camps, girl scout troups, etc. Call us if you would like us to host a class at 970-557-3186.
- Granby Rec Summer Camp: Thursday’s @ 9am-10am from 6/11 – 7/30 (contact Granby Rec for Summer Camp information)
- Fraser Valley Summer Camp TBA
- MFC Kids Cooking Camp TBA
Available for anyone interested in learning how to shop healthy on a budget. $10 gift card for each participant.
Can be added as a 7th class to any CM course.
Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Virtual CMATS tour May 20th at 2pm! We are leaving the cart behind and bringing the grocery store to you! Join us for an interactive online tour that helps families learn how to stretch their food dollars and buy healthy, affordable foods.
- Register here: https://strength.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwvf-igqz0uEtU0A4Sm_MDO-Lk3kAdAep9s
Available for licensed childcare providers. Provides 10 hours of education credits for licensing.
Duration: 8-10 hour seminar in one day OR 5 lessons for 2 hours each available.
- No sessions currently scheduled. Please call if you would like to schedule a session at 970-557-3186.